The human brain has around 100 billion neurons – each of which is attached to 10,000 others.
Neurons are the fundamental units of our nervous system and our brain. Neurology is involved with the diagnosis, treatment, and management of all the conditions, diseases, disorders, relating to the brain and the nervous system i.e. the neurons.
You can just imagine the complexity of the diagnosis and treatments meted out by a Neurologist. If you or your family member are facing any serious neuro-surgical condition, it becomes of utmost importance that you are completely affirmative with the diagnosis, and the course of treatment – including any surgery – that your Neurosurgeon in India has decided for you. The best course of action would be to back it up with a second opinion just to be sure and to clear any doubts that you may have.
A second opinion doesn’t question your faith in your Neurologist’s capabilities, rather, it is to help you to make the best decisions for treatment of the illness and will give you peace of mind. What you need for this is access to a Medical Second Opinion Consultant, who is an expert in the field of Neurology having great knowledge, experience, references, and is at the same time available to you to give their valuable opinion – even online as the need be.
So, this is our list of consultants whom you can refer to for a valuable second opinion –
Top 15 Neurology Second Opinion Consultants In India:
1) Dr. Sandeep Vishya: Dr. Sandeep Vishya is Director at the Fortis Memorial Research Institute in Gurgaon. He was previously a Senior Consultant at the Max Super Speciality Hospital in Gurgaon, and a Professor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi. He has completed his MCh (Neurosurgery) from AIIMS, and has done MBBS and MS (General Surgery). He has 22+ years of experience and specializes in Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain & Spine Surgery, Spine Surgery, Brachial Plexus Surgery, Image-Guided Neurosurgery, etc.
2) Dr. Umesh T: Dr. Umesh T is a Neurology Consultant at the Continental Hospitals in Hyderabad. His qualifications include MBBS from Bangalore University, DM from Bombay University, MD from Gulbarga University, and DNB from Bombay University. With around 27 years of experience, his expertise lies in stroke and epilepsy management. Neurophysiology, Multiple sclerosis, Neurological dysfunction, Neuromuscular Diseases, Functional sclerotherapy, Vascular Brain Diseases, etc. are his specializations.
3) Dr. Aditya Gupta: Dr. Aditya Gupta is a Director at Artemis Hospital in Gurgaon. He has completed his MBBS and MCh from AIIMS followed by a fellowship at CJW Medical center in Richmond, US. He has around 21+ years of experience working in hospitals like the Medanta – the Medicity, and even worked as an Associate Professor at AIIMS. He has 40+ publications in his name and specializes in managing patients with Cerebrovascular Surgery, Radiosurgery, Surgery for Epilepsy, Deep brain stimulation (DBS), Nerve and Brachial Plexus Surgery, etc.
4) Dr. Chandran Gnanamuthu: Dr. Chandran Gnanamuthu is a Neurology Senior Consultant at Fortis Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Neurology), and then pursued a fellowship from Ral College of Surgeon, UK. He has 38+ years of experience and has been a Senior Consultant at Sakra World Hospital, Director at Northspring Healthcare. He has 70+ publications in his name and specializes in managing Alzheimer’s disease, Spinal cord disease, Parkinson’s disease, paralytic disease, stroke, balance disorder, vertigo, etc.
5) Dr. Arjun Srivatsa: Dr. Arjun Srivatsa is a Neurology Senior Consultant at Baghwan Maaahaveer Jain Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS from Karnataka University, and then DNB from VHS Medical Center. He has two decades of experience and has been a Consultant at Hosmat hospital & Columbia Asia Hospital too. He operated on various neuro-surgical conditions including spine trauma, spine tumors, spine/cervical disk problems, skull base problems, supratentorial tumors, Epilepsy, DBS, transsphenoidal surgery, etc.
6) Dr. Shivakumar S Kupanur: Dr. Shivakumar S Kupanur is a Neurology Senior Consultant at Sparsh Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS from Mysore University, DNB from MIND Bangalore, and then pursued a fellowship from Manipal Hospital, Bangalore. He has more than two decades of clinical experience and has performed 3000+ complex spinal & neurosurgeries. He has been a Neurology Consultant at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital and Manipal Hospital in Bangalore; and HOD (Neurology) at Sapthagiri Super Speciality Hospital.
7) Dr. Arun L Naik: Dr. Arun L Naik is the Head of Neurology Department at Apollo Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS from Karnataka Medical college and MS & MCh from AIIMS, New Delhi. He has 17+ years of clinical experience as a Consultant at Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Hosmat Hospital, and BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital. He was the first in the country to start neuronavigation procedures; and is interests include pediatric neurosurgery, DBS brain & spine endoscopy, etc.
8) Dr. Vikas Naik: Dr. Vikas Naik is a Neurology Consultant at Fortis Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS from Rajiv Gandhi University and then MCh in Neurology from AIIMS, New Delhi. He has a decade of clinical experience and specializes in performing procedures of spine surgery, brain tumor surgery, migraine treatment, skull base tumors, disc surgeries, brain trauma, spinal fusion, etc.
9) Dr. Prashant Singh: Dr. Prashant Singh Neurosurgeon at Zeel H. is a Consultant Neurosurgeon. His credentials include MBBS and MCh in Neurosurgery. He has various awards and memberships accredited to his name and has an experience of performing complex spine and brain surgeries. He specializes in operating Brain Haemorrhage, Brain Tumor, Nerves Blast in the Brain, Slipped Disc, etc.
10) Dr. Ashok Singhal: Dr. Ashok Singhal is a Neurology Senior Consultant at Fortis Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS, MD (General Medicine), and then pursued DM. He has more than a decade of Neurology experience and has been a Senior Consultant & Consultant at LIFE Speciality Clinic and Apollo Hospital. His special area of interest includes neuromuscular disorders, spinal disorders, stroke therapy, electrophysiology, Neuropathy, Headache Management, Back Pain Treatment, etc.
11) Dr. Anil Kumar Kansal: Dr. Anil Kumar Kansal is the Director and Head at BLK Super Speciality Hospital in New Delhi. His credentials include He has done his MBBS, MS (General Surgery), and MCh (Neurosurgery). With around 2 decades of experience, he has worked at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Vimhans Hospital, Max Hospital, Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, Saroj Hospital, etc. He specializes in Endoscopic brain and spinal surgery, microscopic and vascular surgery, epilepsy surgery, functional neurosurgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, Complex spine surgery, etc.
12) Dr. Krishnan P R: Dr. Krishnan P R is a Neurology Senior Consultant at Fortis Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS, MD, and then DM. He has several awards in his name and has garnered around 14 years of experience being a resident Doctor at AIIMS, Consultant at Fortis, and Neurologist and Consultant at Salmaniya Medical Complex. His clinical interest is in Memory disorders, Stroke, Paralysis, Dizziness, Vertigo, Migraine, Headache, Spine ache, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
13) Dr. P K Sachdeva: Dr. P K Sachdeva is a Director & Head of the Neurosurgery Department at Venkateshwara Hospital in New Delhi. He has done his MBBS, MS (General Surgery), and MCh (Neurosurgery); also worked as a visiting Consultant at Royal Preston Hospital in the UK, and gained more than two decades of clinical experience. He specializes in Corpectomy, Nucleotomy, Nucleoplasty, Kyphoplasty, spinal fusion surgery, spinal disc herniation, etc. procedures.
14) Dr. Ganesh Veerabhadraiah: Dr. Ganesh Veerabhadraiah is a Neurology Consultant at Fortis Hospital in Bangalore. He has completed his MBBS from Mysore, DNB from New Delhi, and then a Fellowship in Interventional Neurosurgery from the University of Zurich in Switzerland. He has two decades of clinical experience and has specialized in migraine treatment, brain aneurysm treatment, brain infection, microdiscectomy, carotid body tumor embolization, fistula embolization, head and neck tumor embolization, etc. procedures.
15) Prof. Dr. Suresh H. Advani: Honored with the highest civilian award i.e. Padma Bhushan & Padma Shri Award by the Government of India,Prof. Dr. Suresh H. Advani is a medical oncologist, pediatric oncologist, heamatooncologies having worked in the medical field for more than four decades. He is the chief at Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai and his credentials include MBBS from Grant Medical College Mumbai, andthen MD. He has numerous awards in his name and has also worked as a Consultant doctor at Tata Memorial Hospital.
This is our list of the top 15 Neurology second opinion consultants in India who you can consult to get second opinions with regards to your neurological condition. Remember that consulting for second opinions is a regular practice and can be beneficial for any extra reassurance and can ensure you regarding the right path for treating onay of the Neurology treatment procedures. And the best part is that with second consultants, you can even get online consultations to help prevent you from having to travel long to reach them.