Dr. Suresh H. Advani is a medical, pediatric oncologist and heamato-oncologist with 43+ years of experience.
He has been honored with highest civilian awards of India, namely Padma Bhushan Award in 2012 and Padma Shri by Government of India in 2002.
He is also recipient of the Dhanvantari Award in 2002, Dr. B. C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India in 2005, Rashtriyra Krantiveer Award, Ujjain in 2014 and awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International in 2005.
He successfully transplanted bone marrow into nine-year-old girl suffering from Myeloid Leukemia.
Dr. Advani was part of clinical trials to help children with lymphoblastic leukemia and was conducted on 1,200 patients.
He gained experience in the field of BMT from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington and worked with Dr. E Donnall Thomas, known as the father of BMT, who won the Nobel Prize in medicine in 1990.
He is a member of Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), Medical and Pediatric Oncology Society and Secretary, Indian Journal of Haematology and Blood Transfusion.
He holds expertise in Lymphomas, Bone marrow transplant, Acute Leukemia, Multiple myeloma, Breast Cancer, et al.
Bone marrow transplant,
Awards and Achievements
1. Rashtriyra Krantiveer Award, Ujjain in 2014
2. Rashtriya Krantiveer Award in 2014
3. Padma Bhushan award by Government of India in 2012
4. Dr. B. C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India in 2005
5. Awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International in 2005
6. Padma Shri by Government of India in 2002
7. Dhanvantari Award in 2002